Nominations are invited for the following posts in Vox Populi, IIT Kanpur (2018-19):
The deadline for submitting the completed application form is 11:59 PM on 19th March, 2018.
The student shall satisfy the requirements of the General Eligibility Criteria as mentioned in the Appendix-F of the Constitution of the Students' Gymkhana which can be found here – http://bit.ly/SS_AppendixF
In particular, the student shall satisfy the following CPI requirements:
- 6.5 for UG students
- 7.5 for PG students who have not completed their course-work
- 7.0 for PG students who have completed their course-work
- Fill the application form at the following link: Nomination Form
- Send an email to "email@example.com" (CC: "firstname.lastname@example.org") mentioning the post you are applying for and stating why you feel you should be selected for the post, along with a screen-shot of the latest transcript. The subject of the mail should be in the format: "Vox 2018-19: *Name of the Candidate*".
- The copy of transcript must be named in the format: "Vox 2018-19: Transcript: *Name of the candidate*".
- Candidates may apply for more than one post, though they need to repeat the whole process again for each post.
- All the above steps must be completed before the deadline.
Guidelines for Interview:
Kindly prepare a presentation of around 10 minutes in length. After the presentation, there will be a round of questions by the panel. The time limit shall be strict – please be on time and note that the panel will not consider any part of the presentation you have not completed in the 10 minutes that have been allotted to you.
Further note the following general guidelines:
1. The presentation should bring out your major vision for the Cell (or the wing), including any major structural or procedural changes you wish to make.
2. The presentation should broadly cover every domain of the Cell (or every sub-domain of the wing).
3. The presentation should highlight the way you want to carry forward the Cell (or the wing) and the initiatives you plan to take, along with a timeline.
4. A good presentation is not the same as a fancy presentation. It is more important to spend time in conveying your ideas clearly than it is to beautify your presentation.
5. The presentation is an opportunity to showcase your soft skills and ideas to the interview panel. Please dress and present yourself appropriately.
6. If you've applied for 2 posts, interview for both shall be held together and you'll have 15 mins for the presentation. Make sure that you separately detail the vision and other information expected for both positions.
7. Please carry your own laptop or presentation device to the interview.
8. You will not be allowed to see the interview of other applicants even if it is for some other post. Please wait outside the room until you are called in.
About Vox Populi:
Vox Populi is the student media body of IIT Kanpur. We aim to be the voice of campus community, and act as a bridge between faculty, students, alumni and other stakeholders of IIT Kanpur.
The field of work and responsibilities of the posts can be detailed as:
Chief Editor, Vox Populi
This person has a pivotal role in Vox Populi with the job description being pretty fluid:
PR | Team building | Scheduling | Mentorship | Skill Development | Resource Management | Lean Economics | Initiatives |
Characteristics Required –
– Fast, agile and passionate about journalism, who can constantly juggle with a n-member Core Group on a daily basis and remain energetic, cool and calm
– Patient enough to teach the arts to a beginner
– Eager to take up pertinent issues and start a discussion with campus junta
– Confident to hold the back of the Core Group, Vox Populi
In short, who can be The Maestro of our orchestra!
Editor, Vox Populi
An Editor has a specific role in Vox Populi. The right and left arms of the Chief Editor, they are instrumental in carrying out the final steps while executing a project, be it written, video, design or photography while strongly being connected to the content generation, they just start to venture into management. A perfect combination with the best of both worlds, an ideal place with a steep learning curve.
We want problem solvers that are passionate about journalism
– Who can bear the burden of expectations of the Chief Editor
– Enjoy the steep learning curve offered by being placed in challenging scenarios for the first time
– Keep a tab on the nerve of the institute, it's issues and latest happenings
– Have the nerves to implement faster than speed of light