Nominations are invited for the following posts in the Core Team of Entrepreneurship Cell, IIT Kanpur (2022-23):
- Overall Coordinator
- Manager Start-up Development
- Manager Events
- Manager SIP (Start-up Internship Program)
- Manager Media & Publicity
- Manager Finance & Logistics
- Manager Marketing
- Manager Design
- Manager Web Development
- Manager Business Development
The deadline for completing the whole application process is 11:59 PM on 24th March 2022.
The student should satisfy all the requirements of the General Eligibility Criteria, as mentioned in the Appendix-F of the Constitution of the Students’ Gymkhana, accessible here. In particular, the student shall satisfy the following CPI requirements:-
- 6.0 for UG students
- 7.5 for PG students who have not completed their course-work
- 7.0 for PG students who have completed their course-work
Fill the application form here.
Send an email to <email@example.com> (CC: <firstname.lastname@example.org>) mentioning the post you are applying for and stating why you feel you should be selected for the position. The subject of the mail should be in the format: “E-Cell 2021-22: <Name of the Candidate>”.
Candidates may apply for more than one post, though they need to repeat the whole process for each post.
All the above processes must be completed before the deadline.
Guidelines for Interview:
Kindly prepare a presentation of 10 minutes in length. After the presentation, there will be a round of questions by the panel. The time limit shall be strict: Please be on time and note that the panel will not consider any part of the presentation you have not completed in the 10 minutes that have been allotted to you. If you’ve applied for two posts, however, the interview for both shall be held together, and you’ll have 15 minutes for the presentation. Make sure that you separately detail the vision and other information expected for both positions.
Further note the following general guidelines:
- The presentation should bring out your vision for the Cell, including any significant structural or procedural changes you wish to make.
- The presentation should broadly cover every domain of the Cell, along with a detailed budget.
- The presentation should highlight the initiatives you plan to take along with a timeline.
- A good presentation is not the same as a fancy presentation. It is more important to spend time in conveying your ideas clearly than it is to beautify your presentation.
- The presentation is an opportunity to showcase your soft skills and ideas to the interview panel. Please dress and present yourself appropriately.
- You will not be allowed to see the interview of other applicants even if it is for some other post. Please wait outside the room until you are called in.
About Entrepreneurship Cell:
Entrepreneurship-Cell, IIT Kanpur is a student body motivated towards inculcating and promoting the spirit of entrepreneurship among campus students. This objective is adequately met through ground-level processes of networking student enterprises from campus to incubators, alumni, mentors, seeding funds and angel investors to support the newly born enterprises in their endeavours. E-Cell also organizes a plethora of events like E-Summit, StartUp Master Class, Startup-101, Start-up Internship Program, Business Week, among others. Organizing events of this number and scale requires a dedicated core team working towards it. Website: www.ecelliitk.com
The field of work and responsibilities of the respective Core Team Members can be detailed as:
- Promote entrepreneurship on campus
- Lead the Entrepreneurship Cell in an infinite capacity
- Plan out all activities of the Cell in consultation with the Core Team and other stakeholders
- Take initiatives and execute them with the help of the team
- Maintain coordination among all wings of the Cell
- Represent E-Cell at all forums: the campus junta, faculty/administration, and external associate
- Present the Cell’s report to the Senate, as and when required by it and once towards the end of the tenure
- Be responsible and accountable for all affairs of the Cell
Manager, Start-up Development
- Directly interact with the student entrepreneurs and engage with Campus Start-ups, keeping track of their progress
- Help out people with ideas to set up their start-ups on campus
- Organize campus activities targeting entrepreneurs and provide them with a platform to interact
- Organize Campus Hangouts, Pitch Prime, Start-up 101, among other entrepreneurship intensive events
- Act as the primary connection between industry professionals (VCs, angel investors, mentors), alumni, student bodies and student entrepreneurs
- Appoint the Campus Team of the Cell
- Conduct the major events of the Cell, namely E-Summit and SMC
- Plan and structure the events, competitions and talks at E-Summit, SMC, etc.
- Execute the plans with help from the Core Team
- Work on their budget with the help of Head, Finance and Logistics
- Manage the Campus Ambassadors Program
- Appoint the Events Team of the Cell
Manager, SIP (Startup Internship Program)
- Connect with startups to route internships for IIT Kanpur students through SIP
- Coordinate with all the stakeholders, including SPO, the companies, and the students apart from the team members
- Conduct the program smoothly, right from registration of startups to opening them for students followed by the recruitment process
- Ensure diversity in the program by enabling startups from different areas to register in the program
- Appoint the SIP Team of the Cell
Manager, Media & Publicity
- Create and manage all of the content on E-Cell’s social media handles and websites
- Manage publicity campaigns of various activities under the ambit of E-Cell, ensuring timely release of social media posts and coming up with innovative publicity ideas
- Ensure proper coverage of the events conducted by the Cell in written, still photography & videography modes, and through interviews of visiting personalities
- Collaborate with prospective media partners and ensure coverage releases of the events conducted by the Cell through print, electronic & social media channels
- Appoint the Media & Publicity Team of the Cell
Manager, Finance & Logistics
- Prepare the budget for all activities of the Cell, including the major events
- Ensure proper & timely clearance of bills and be responsible for financial transactions occurring on behalf of the Cell
- Be responsible for the booking of venues for all activities of the Cell and obtain proper permissions/security clearances for the same
- Connect and negotiate with different service providers & vendors
- Appoint the Finance and Logistics Team of the Cell
- Coordinate with DoRD office, DoSA office, Senate and SIIC to manage the finances of the Cell
- Arrange funds and resources for the Cell by bringing in various associations, thus helping the Cell in conducting its activities without any financial shortfall
- Maintain MoUs with our associates and ensure timely fulfilment of deliverables from both ends, with help from the Core Team
- Prepare marketing brochures for the different events of the Cell and then compile marketing reports and collect sponsorship funds post-event.
- Appoint the Marketing Team of the Cell
- Work in tandem with Manager, Media & Publicity to design creatives for the various events and activities of the Cell, including posters, newsletters, brochures, social media posts, etc.
- Ensure timely completion of designs well before the event
- Assist Head, Media & Publicity in designing publicity campaigns for the Cell
- Be responsible for stage design during events like E-Summit, etc.
- Appoint the Design Team of the Cell
Manager, Web Development
- Maintain, revamp and keep the E-Cell website updated
- Design websites for different events of the Cell throughout the year, especially for E-Summit
- Develop portals and platforms for various programs of the Cell as per specifications required, especially SIP
- Appoint the Web Development Team of the Cell
Manager, Business Development
- Organize Business Week to foster skills essential for the corporate environment
- Provide resources to campus startups that help in skill development for preparation of market research, pitch decks, and development of business plans
- Work with Manager Events to conduct business events in E-Summit
- Appoint the Business Development team of the Cell