Re-nominations are invited for the position of Chief Election Officer, Students' Gymkhana 2017-18
The Students' Gymkhana, IIT Kanpur works through a system of democracy upheld through Gymkhana elections. These elections are conducted by the Election Commission, led by the Chief Election Officer (CEO), Students' Gymkhana. The position of CEO is one of utmost importance in maintaining our system of self governance. The CEO is responsible for steering the Election Commission to ensure a fair and smooth, end to end conduction of the Mid-Term Elections in the month of August/September and the General Elections in the month of January.
The deadline for completing the whole application process is 11:59 AM on 2nd May, 2017.
The student should satisfy all the requirements of the General Eligibility Criteria as mentioned in the Appendix-F of the Constitution of the Students' Gymkhana, accessible here – http://bit.ly/SS_AppendixF
In particular, the student shall satisfy the following CPI requirements:
- 6.5 for UG students
- 7.5 for PG students who have not completed their course-work
- 7.0 for PG students who have completed their course-work
- Fill the application form at the following link: Nomination Form
- Send an email to "email@example.com" highlighting why you feel you should be selected for the post, along with a screen-shot of your latest transcript. The subject of the mail should be in the format: "CEO 2017-18: <Name of the Candidate>".
- The screenshot of transcript must be named in the format: "Transcript: CEO 2017-18: <Name of the candidate>".
- Both the above processes must be completed before the deadline.
Guidelines for Interview:
Kindly prepare a presentation of around 10 minutes in length. After the presentation, there will be a round of questions by the panel. The time limit shall be strict – please be on time and note that the panel will not consider any part of the presentation you have not completed in the 10 minutes that have been allotted to you.
Further note the following general guidelines:
1. The presentation should bring out your vision for the Election Commission (EC), including any major structural or procedural changes you wish to make.
2. The presentation should broadly cover every domain of the EC, along with a detailed budget.
3. The presentation should highlight the initiatives you plan to take, along with a timeline.
4. A good presentation is not the same as a fancy presentation. It is more important to spend time in conveying your ideas clearly than it is to beautify your presentation.
5. The presentation is an opportunity to showcase your soft skills and ideas to the interview panel. Please dress and present yourself appropriately.
6. You will not be allowed to see the interview of other applicants. Please wait outside the room until you are called in.