Nominations are invited for the following positions in the Core Team of Antaragni ’21, the annual cultural festival of IIT Kanpur:
- Festival Coordinator
- Head, Events (Major Events and Competitions)
- Head, Finance
- Head, Marketing
- Head, Media & Publicity
- Head, Public Relations
- Head, Security
- Head, Show Management
- Head, Design
- Head, Web
The deadline for completing the application process is 11:59 PM on 4th April, 2021.
The student shall satisfy all the requirements of the General Eligibility Criteria as mentioned in the Appendix-F of the Constitution of the Students’ Gymkhana, available here: http://students.iitk.ac.in/ss/home/wp-content/uploads/Appendix%20F.pdf
In particular, the student shall satisfy the following CPI requirements:
- 6.0 for UG students
- 7.5 for PG students who have not completed their course-work
- 7.0 for PG students who have completed their course-work
The subject of the mail should be in the format: “Antaragni ’21: <Name of the Candidate>”.
- named in the format: “Antaragni ’21: Transcript: <Name of the candidate>”.
- Respond to the following questions in your mail:
- Discuss an event/activity you were engaged in, in which you believe you made a lasting impact. (<200 words)
- Write an essay on how you envision your “Dream Antaragni”. Your essay should include the basic principles on which you want to organize the festival and the changes you intend to bring about from the previous years. (<400 words)
- List and explain at least 5 major constraints/bottlenecks that might hinder your quest for your “Dream Antaragni”. (<100 words)
- Discuss what makes you suitable for the post(s) you’re applying for. Also mention your contribution/ involvement in various capacities in Antaragni until now. (<200 words)
- List all non-Antaragni in which you have been involved in the past which you think is relevant to your nomination. (<100 words)
- You may ask any fellow student to recommend you. Recommendation letters are not compulsory. Maximum two recommendation letters are allowed.
- The Letter of Recommendation in word format should be attached in a mail by the recommender to email@example.com, with the subject in the format “Antaragni ’21 Recommendation: <Name of person recommended>”.
- Candidates applying for more than one post need NOT repeat any part of the application again.
Guidelines for Interview:
Kindly prepare a presentation of around 10 minutes in length. After the presentation, there will be a round of questions by the panel. The time limit shall be strict – please be on time and note that the panel will not consider any part of the presentation you have not completed in the time allotted to you. If you’ve applied for 2 posts however, Interview for both shall be held together and you’ll have 15 mins for the presentation. Make sure that you separately detail the vision and other information expected for both positions.
The responsibilities of the respective core team members, as given in the Festival Manual (Appendix E) of Students’ Gymkhana are given below:
The Festival Coordinator shall be responsible for the overall conduct of the festival. They shall:
1. Be responsible for the execution of the festival on behalf of the corresponding General Secretary, who shall be the Chief Executive of the festival.
2. Plan all activities, events and competitions of the festival, in consultation with the Core Team, the CoFA through its standing committee and the FAC.
3. Present a detailed pre-conduction report of the festival (including a report on the marketing, security and planned budget) at least five days before the festival to the CoFA. The report shall be forwarded to the Senate for ratification at least three days before the start of the festival, along with the opinions of the CoFA upon the report.
4. Present a detailed post-conduction report of the festival to the CoFA (including the finance report) within six working weeks of the festival, where a working week is a week during the semester, other than a week in which mid-semester or end-semester exams take place. If the finances of the festivals are not settled, an interim report shall be submitted within the above time period. The final report shall be forwarded by the CoFA to be presented at the floor of the Senate.
5. Constitute a Special Task Force in consultation with the President, Chairperson and Festival Chairman, and shall place it before the Senate for ratification.
6. Propose to the Senate an expansion in their Core Team as per their requirements to suit their needs, if necessary.
7. Be answerable to the Senate directly for all matters pertaining to their festival,including mismanagement, if any.
The Head, Events shall be responsible for the conduction of all events, competitions and activities during the festival. They shall:
1. Propose the names of Organisers for various events and other Events team members to the Senate for ratification.
2. Be responsible for the work of the Events team.
3. Be directly responsible for the conduction of all events in the festival.
4. Decide the prizes, in consultation with the Organisers for various events and competitions.
5. Be responsible for the hospitality of all external participants in the festival.
6. Coordinate with the Head, Show Management and Head, Public Relations to ensure smooth conduction of events.
7. Present a pre-conduction report about the events that are going to be organized during the festival.
8. Present a post-conduction report about the events that were organized during the festival along with their recommendations.
The Head, Finance shall be responsible for all financial and accounting matters pertaining to the festival. He/she shall:
a. Propose the names of the Finance team to the Senate for ratification.
b. Be responsible for the work of the Finance team.
c. Prepare the budget in consultation with the rest of the Core Team and present the budget to the COFA, followed by the Senate at least one week before the festival.
d. Submit all bills to the Finance Committee within 30 days after the conduction of the festival.
1. Propose the names of the Marketing team to the Senate for ratification.
2. Be responsible for the work of the Marketing team.
3. Be responsible for the hospitality of sponsors and their representatives
4. Be responsible for the Memoranda of Understanding signed between the festival and any external body.
5. Present a detailed Marketing report to the CoFA at least five days before the festival
Head, Media and Publicity
The Head, Media and Publicity shall be responsible for handling the various news media and for publicizing the festival both inside and outside the Institute. They shall:
1. Propose the names of the Media and Publicity team to the Senate for ratification.
2. Be responsible for the work of the Media and Publicity team.
3. Be directly responsible for any communication with the news media of any sort.
4. Employ various methods to publicize the festival inside and outside the campus.
Head, Public Relations
The Head, Public Relations shall be responsible for handling the artists, judges, guests and dignitaries that attend the festival. They shall:
1. Propose the names of the Public Relations team to the Senate for ratification.
2. Be responsible for the work of the Public Relations team.
3. Contact various eminent personalities to attend the festival.
4. Be directly responsible for all communication with professionals for participation in the festival.
5. Organize and be responsible for the hospitality of any guest that visits during the festival.
6. Coordinate with the Head, Events to ensure smooth conduction of events.
The Head, Security shall be responsible for the security arrangements for the entire festival. They shall:
1. Propose the names of the Security team to the Senate for ratification.
2. Be responsible for the work of the Security team.
3. Prepare a security plan in consultation with the President, Chairperson and the Security Office of the Institute taking into account logistical details and planning for emergency scenarios, and the corresponding plan of actions.
4. Present a preliminary Security report to the CoFA at least five days before the festival.
5. Present a post-festival Security report about the security arrangements finally used in the festival along with their recommendations.
Head, Show Management
The Head, Show Management shall be responsible for the management of shows during the festival. They shall:
1. Propose the names of the Show Management team to the Senate for ratification.
2. Be responsible for the work of the Show Management team.
3. Be directly responsible for the various aspects of managing shows.
4. Ensure the availability of all materials required by the other members of the team.
5. Coordinate with the Head, Events to ensure a smooth conduction of events.
The responsibilities of the following two core team members are in the process of being incorporated into the Festival Manual of Students’ Gymkhana:
The Head, Design shall be responsible for handling the entire graphic content (creative and branding) of the festival. They shall:
1. Propose the names of Design team to the senate for ratification.
2. Be responsible for the work of Design team.
3. Be responsible for formulating and implementing the theme of the festival.
4. Assist the Head, Media and Publicity in handling Social Media accounts of Antaragni.
The Head, Web shall be responsible for developing and maintaining the website and related applications for the festival. They shall:
1. Propose the names of the Web team to the Senate for ratification.
2. Be responsible for the work of the Web team.
3. Be responsible for all web related technical aspects of the festival.
4. Regularly update the website/applications to ensure that relevant information is properly conveyed to participants.
5. Coordinate with the Head Design for design related aspects of the website/application.