Nominations are invited for the following posts in the Core Team of Techkriti'16, the inter-collegiate Technical Festival of IIT Kanpur:
- Festival Coordinator
- Head, Marketing
- Head, Finance
- Head, Security
- Head, Events (Major Events and Competitions)
- Head, Public Relations
- Head, Media and Publicity
- Head, Show Management
- Head, Design
- Head, Web
The deadline for submitting completed application form is 11:59 PM on 3rd April 2015.
The student shall satisfy all the requirements of the General Eligibility Criteria as mentioned in the Appendix-VI of the Constitution of the Students' Gymkhana which can be found here – http://bit.ly/AppendixVI
In particular, the student shall satisy the following CPI requirements-
- 6.5 for UG students
- 7.5 for PG students who have not completed their course-work
- 7.0 for PG students who have completed their course-work
- Fill the application form in word format and submit it in an email to email@example.com, along with a screen-shot of the of the latest grade-sheet. The subject of the mail should be in the following format: "Techkriti'16: *Name of the Candidate*".
- The word format application form must be named using the format "Form: Techkriti'16: *Name of the candidate*"
- The copy of grade-sheet must be named using the format "Transcript: Techkriti'16 *Name of the candidate*"
- You may ask any fellow student to recommend you. Recommendation letters are not compulsory. Maximum two recommendation letters are allowed.
- The letter of recommendation in word format should be attached in a mail by the recommender to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject following the format "Recommendation: Techkriti'16: *Name of person recommended*: "
- Candidates applying for more than one post need not fill the form again. Only one form should be submitted mentioning all the posts you are applying for in the appropriate section.
- All the above documents must be submitted before the deadline.
Guidelines for Interview:
Kindly prepare a presentation of around 10 minutes length. After the presentation, we will have 20 minutes of questions by the panel. The time limit shall be strict – please be on time and note that the panel will not consider any part of the presentation you have not completed in the 10 minutes that have been allotted to you.
Further note the following general guidelines:
1. If you have applied for any post other than Festival Coordinator, there will be a separate interview for the other post.
2. The presentation should bring out your major vision for the festival, including any major structural and procedural changes you wish to make.
The presentation should broadly cover every domain of the festival which you would like to emphasize as Festival Coordinator.
3. Please be on time.
4. You will not be allowed to see the presentation of other applicants even if it is for some other post. Please wait outside the Senate Room until you are called in.
5. A good presentation is not the same as a fancy presentation. It is more important to spend time in conveying your ideas clearly than it is to beautify your presentation.
6. The presentation is an opportunity to showcase your soft skills and ideas to the interview panel. Please dress and present yourself appropriately.
The responsibilities of the respective core team members, as given in the Festival Manual of Students' Gymkhana are given below:
The Festival Coordinator shall be responsible for overall conduct of the festival. He/she shall:
a. Be the Chief Executive of the festival.
b. Plan all activities, events and competitions of the festival, in consultation with the Core Team, COFA and FAC.
c. Be responsible for the Memoranda of Understanding signed between the festival and any external body.
d. Present a detailed pre-conduction report of the festival (including a report on the marketing, security and planned budget) at least five days before the festival to the Senate.
e. Present a detailed post-conduction report of the festival (including the finance report) within four working weeks of the festival, where a working week is a week during the semester, other than a week in which mid-semester or end-semester exams take place.
f. Constitute a Special Task Force in consultation with the President, Chairperson and Festival Chairman, and shall place it before the Senate for ratification.
g. Propose to the Senate an expansion in his/her Core Team as per his/her requirements to suit his/her needs, if necessary.
h. Be answerable to the Senate directly for all matters pertaining to his/her festival, including mismanagement, if any.
The Head, Marketing shall be responsible for the marketing of the festival, and thereby shall be responsible for arranging enough funds and resources through sponsorship for the conduction of the festival. He/she shall:
a. Propose the names of the Marketing team to the Senate for ratification.
b. Be responsible for the work of the Marketing team.
c. Be responsible for the hospitality of sponsors and their representatives.
d. Present a detailed Marketing report to the COFA, followed by the Senate at least one week before the festival.
The Head, Finance shall be responsible for all financial and accounting matters pertaining to the festival. He/she shall:
a. Propose the names of the Finance team to the Senate for ratification.
b. Be responsible for the work of the Finance team.
c. Prepare the budget in consultation with the rest of the Core Team and present the budget to the COFA, followed by the Senate at least one week before the festival.
d. Submit all bills to the Finance Committee within 30 days after the conduction of the festival.
The Head, Security shall be responsible for the security arrangements for the entire festival. He/she shall:
a. Propose the names of the Security team to the Senate for ratification.
b. Be responsible for the work of the Security team.
c. Prepare a security plan in consultation with the President, Chairperson and the Security Office of the Institute taking into account logistical details and planning for emergency scenarios, and corresponding plan of actions.
d. Present a preliminary Security report to the COFA, followed by the Senate at least one week before the festival.
e. Present a post-festival Security report about the security arrangements finally used in the festival along with his/her recommendations.
The Head, Events shall be responsible for the conduction of all events, competitions and activities during the festival. He/she shall:
a. Propose the names of Coordinators for various events and other Events team members to the Senate for ratification.
b. Be responsible for the work of the Events team.
c Be directly responsible for the conduction of all events in the festival.
d. Decide the prizes, in consultation with the Coordinators for various events and competitions.
e. Be responsible for the hospitality of all external participants in the festival.
f. Coordinate with the Head, Show Management and Head, Public Relations to ensure a smooth conduction of events.
g. Present a pre-conduction report about the events that are going to be organized during the festival.
h. Present a post-conduction report about the events that were organized during the festival along with his/her recommendations.
Head, Public Relations
The Head, Public Relations shall be responsible for the handling the artists, judges, guests and dignitaries that attend the festival. He/she shall:
a. Propose the names of the Public Relations team to the Senate for ratification.
b. Be responsible for the work of the Public Relations team.
c. Contact various eminent personalities to attend the festival.
d. Be directly responsible for all communication with professionals for participation in the festival.
e. Organize and be responsible for the hospitality of any guest that visits during the festival.
f. Coordinate with the Head, Events to ensure a smooth conduction of events.
Head, Media and Publicity
The Head, Media and Publicity shall be responsible for handling the various news media and for publicizing the festival both inside and outside the Institute. He/she shall:
a. Propose the names of the Media and Publicity team to the Senate for ratification.
b. Be responsible for the work of the Media and Publicity team.
c. Be directly responsible for any communication with news media of any sort.
d. Employ various methods to publicize the festival inside and outside the campus.
Head, Show Management
The Head, Show Management shall be responsible the management of shows during the festival. He/she shall:
a. Propose the names of the Show Management team to the Senate for ratification.
b. Be responsible for the work of the Show Management team.
c. Be directly responsible for the various aspects of managing shows.
d. Ensure the availability of all materials required by the other members of the team.
e. Coordinate with the Head, Events to ensure a smooth conduction of events.