Renominations are invited for the following positions in the Core Team of Udghosh ’21, the inter-collegiate sports festival of IIT Kanpur
- Head, Events (Major Events and Competitions)
- Head, Marketing
- Head, Media & Publicity
- Head, Public Relations
- Head, Security
- Head, Show Management
- Head, Design
- Head, Web
The deadline for completing the application process is 11:59 PM on 27th December 2021.
For any queries, get in touch with Festival Coordinators
The student shall satisfy all the requirements of the General Eligibility Criteria as mentioned in the Appendix-F of the Constitution of the Students’ Gymkhana, available here: http://bit.ly/SS_AppendixF
In particular, the student shall satisfy the following CPI requirements:
- 6.0 for UG students
- 7.5 for PG students who have not completed their course-work
- 7.0 for PG students who have completed their course-work
- Fill the application form at the following link: Nomination Form
- Send an email to “firstname.lastname@example.org” with a cc to “email@example.com” or “firstname.lastname@example.org” with the requirements outlined below. The subject of the mail should be in the format: “Udghosh ’21: <Name of the Candidate>”.
- Mention the Post(s) you are applying for.
- Attach a screen-shot of your latest transcript, named in the format: “Udghosh ’21: Transcript: <Name of the candidate>”.
- Respond to the following questions in your mail:
- Discuss an event/activity you were engaged in, in which you believe you made a lasting impact. (200 words)
- Write an essay on how you envision your “Dream Udghosh”. Your essay should include the basic principles on which you want to organize the festival and the changes you intend to bring about from the previous years. (400 words)
- List and explain at least 5 major constraints/bottlenecks that might hinder your quest for your “Dream Udghosh”. (100 words)
- Discuss what makes you suitable for the post(s) you’re applying for. Also mention your contribution/ involvement in various capacities in Udghosh or Inter-IIT Organisation until now. (200 words)
- List all non-Udghosh/Inter-IIT activities in which you have been involved in the past which you think is relevant to your nomination. (100 words)
- You may ask any fellow student to recommend you. Recommendation letters are not compulsory. Maximum two recommendation letters are allowed.
- The Letter of Recommendation in word format should be attached in a mail by the recommender to email@example.com, with the subject in the format “Udghosh ’21 Recommendation: <Name of person recommended>”.
- Candidates applying for more than one post need NOT repeat any part of the application again.
- All the above steps must be completed before the deadline.
Guidelines for Interview:
Kindly prepare a presentation of around 10 minutes in length. After the presentation, there will be a round of questions by the panel. The time limit shall be strict – please be on time and note that the panel will not consider any part of the presentation you have not completed in the time allotted to you. If you’ve applied for 2 posts, however, Interviews for both shall be held together and you’ll have 15 mins for the presentation. Make sure that you separately detail the vision and other information expected for both positions.
Further note the following general guidelines:
- The presentation should bring out your vision for the festival (or the wing), including any major structural or procedural changes you wish to make.
- The presentation should broadly cover every domain of the festival (or every sub-domain of the wing), along with a detailed budget.
- The presentation should highlight the initiatives you plan to take in the festival (or the wing), along with a timeline.
- A good presentation is not the same as a fancy presentation. It is more important to spend time n conveying your ideas clearly than it is to beautify your presentation.
- The presentation is an opportunity to showcase your soft skills and ideas to the interview panel. Please dress and present yourself appropriately.
- You will not be allowed to see the interview of other applicants even if it is for some other post. Please wait outside the room until you are called in.
The responsibilities of the respective core team members, as given in the Festival Manual of Students’ Gymkhana are given below:
The Head, Events shall be responsible for the conduction of all events, competitions and activities during the festival. He/she shall:
- Propose the names of Managers for various events and other Events team members to the Senate for ratification.
- Be responsible for the work of the Events team.
c Be directly responsible for the conduction of all events in the festival.
- Decide the prizes, in consultation with the Coordinators for various events and competitions.
- Be responsible for the hospitality of all external participants in the festival.
- Coordinate with the Head, Show Management and Head, Public Relations to ensure a smooth conduction of events.
- Present a pre-conduction report about the events that are going to be organized during the festival.
- Present a post-conduction report about the events that were organized during the festival along with his/her recommendations.
The Head, Marketing shall be responsible for the marketing of the festival, and thereby shall be responsible for arranging enough funds and resources through sponsorship for the conduction of the festival. He/she shall:
- Propose the names of the Marketing team to the Senate for ratification.
- Be responsible for the work of the Marketing team.
- Be responsible for the hospitality of sponsors and their representatives.
- Present a detailed Marketing report to the COFA, followed by the Senate at least one week before the festival.
Head, Media and Publicity
The Head, Media and Publicity shall be responsible for handling the various news media and for publicizing the festival both inside and outside the Institute. He/she shall:
- Propose the names of the Media and Publicity team to the Senate for ratification.
- Be responsible for the work of the Media and Publicity team.
- Be directly responsible for any communication with news media of any sort.
- Employ various methods to publicize the festival inside and outside the campus.
Head, Public Relations
The Head, Public Relations shall be responsible for the handling the artists, judges, guests and dignitaries that attend the festival. He/she shall:
- Propose the names of the Public Relations team to the Senate for ratification.
- Be responsible for the work of the Public Relations team.
- Contact various eminent personalities to attend the festival.
- Be directly responsible for all communication with professionals for participation in the festival.
- Organize and be responsible for the hospitality of any guest that visits during the festival.
- Coordinate with the Head, Events to ensure a smooth conduction of events.
The Head, Security shall be responsible for the security arrangements for the entire festival. He/she shall:
- Propose the names of the Security team to the Senate for ratification.
- Be responsible for the work of the Security team.
- Prepare a security plan in consultation with the President, Chairperson and the Security Office of the Institute taking into account logistical details and planning for emergency scenarios, and corresponding plan of actions.
- Present a preliminary Security report to the COFA, followed by the Senate at least one week before the festival.
- Present a post-festival Security report about the security arrangements finally used in the festival along with his/her recommendations.
Head, Show Management
The Head, Show Management shall be responsible for the management of shows during the festival. He/she shall:
- Propose the names of the Show Management team to the Senate for ratification.
- Be responsible for the work of the Show Management team.
- Be directly responsible for the various aspects of managing shows.
- Ensure the availability of all materials required by the other members of the team.
- Coordinate with the Head, Events to ensure a smooth conduction of events.
The Head, Design shall be responsible for handling the entire graphic content (creative and branding) of the festival. He/She shall:
- Propose the names of Design team to the senate for ratification.
- Be responsible for the work of Design team.
- Be responsible for formulating and implementing the theme of the festival.
- Assist the Head, Media and Publicity in handling Social Media accounts of Udghosh.
The Head, Web shall be responsible for developing and maintaining the website and related applications for the festival. He/she shall:
- Propose the names of the Web team to the Senate for ratification.
- Be responsible for the work of the Web team.
- Be responsible for all web related technical aspects of the festival.
- Regularly update the website/applications to ensure that relevant information is properly conveyed to participants.
- Coordinate with the Head Design for design related aspects of the website/application.