Nominations are invited for the following positions in the Core Team of Techkriti ’22, the annual technical and entrepreneurial festival of IIT Kanpur:
- Head, Security
The deadline for completing the application process is 11:59 PM, Wednesday, 9th March 2022.
The student shall satisfy all the requirements of the General Eligibility Criteria as mentioned in the Appendix-F of the Constitution of the Students’ Gymkhana, available here: http://students.iitk.ac.in/ss/home/wp-content/uploads/Appendix%20F.pdf
In particular, the student shall satisfy the following CPI requirements:
- 6.0 for UG students
- 7.5 for PG students who have not completed their course-work
- 7.0 for PG students who have completed their course-work
- Fill the application form at the following link: Nomination Form
- Send an email to “email@example.com” with a CC to firstname.lastname@example.org with the requirements outlined below. The subject of the mail should be in the format: “Techkriti’22: <Name of the Candidate>”.
- Mention the Post(s) you are applying for along with your preference order for the posts if applying for more than one posts.
- Attach a screen-shot of your latest transcript, named in the format: “Techkriti’22: Transcript: <Name of the candidate>”.
- Respond to the following questions in your mail:
- Discuss an event/activity you were engaged in, in which you believe you made a lasting impact. (<200 words)
- Write an essay on how you envision your “Dream Techkriti”. Your essay should include the basic principles on which you want to organize the festival and the changes you intend to bring about from the previous years. (<400 words)
- List and explain at least 5 major constraints/bottlenecks that might hinder your quest for your “Dream Techkriti”. (<100 words)
- Discuss what makes you suitable for the post(s) you’re applying for. Also mention your contribution/ involvement in various capacities in Techkriti until now. (<200 words)
- List all non-Techkriti activities in which you have been involved in the past which you think is relevant to your nomination. (<100 words)
- You may ask any fellow student to recommend you. Recommendation letters are not compulsory. Maximum two recommendation letters are allowed.
- The Letter of Recommendation in word format should be attached in a mail by the recommender to email@example.com, with the subject in the format “Techkriti’22 Recommendation: <Name of person recommended>”.
- Candidates applying for more than one post need NOT repeat any part of the application again.
- All the above steps must be completed before the deadline.
Guidelines for Interview:
Kindly prepare a presentation of around 10 minutes in length. After the presentation, there will be a round of questions by the panel. The time limit shall be strict – please be on time and note that the panel will not consider any part of the presentation you have not completed in the time allotted to you. If you’ve applied for 2 posts however, Interview for both shall be held together and you’ll have 15 mins for the presentation. Make sure that you separately detail the vision and other information expected for both positions.
Further note the following general guidelines:
1. The presentation should bring out your vision for the festival (or the wing), including any major structural or procedural changes you wish to make.
2. The presentation should broadly cover every domain of the festival (or every sub-domain of the wing), along with a detailed budget.
3. The presentation should highlight the initiatives you plan to take in the festival (or the wing), along with a timeline.
4. A good presentation is not the same as a fancy presentation. It is more important to spend time in conveying your ideas clearly than it is to beautify your presentation.
5. The presentation is an opportunity to showcase your soft skills and ideas to the interview panel. Please dress and present yourself appropriately.
6. You will not be allowed to see the interview of other applicants even if it is for some other post. Please wait outside the room until you are called in.