Nominations are invited for the following positions in the Core Team of Antaragni ’21, the annual cultural festival of IIT Kanpur:
- Head, Events (Major Events and Competitions)
- Head, Marketing
- Head, Security
- Head, Show Management
Deadline for submitting nominations is 11:59 PM, Friday, 24th December, 2021.
The student shall satisfy all the requirements of the General Eligibility Criteria as mentioned in the Appendix-F of the Constitution of the Students’ Gymkhana, available here: http://students.iitk.ac.in/ss/home/wp-content/uploads/Appendix%20F.pdf
In particular, the student shall satisfy the following CPI requirements:
- 6.0 for UG students
- 7.5 for PG students who have not completed their course-work
- 7.0 for PG students who have completed their course-work
The subject of the mail should be in the format: “Antaragni ’21: <Name of the Candidate>”.
- named in the format: “Antaragni ’21: Transcript: <Name of the candidate>”.
- Respond to the following questions in your mail:
- Discuss an event/activity you were engaged in, in which you believe you made a lasting impact. (<200 words)
- Write an essay on how you envision your “Dream Antaragni”. Your essay should include the basic principles on which you want to organize the festival and the changes you intend to bring about from the previous years. (<400 words)
- List and explain at least 5 major constraints/bottlenecks that might hinder your quest for your “Dream Antaragni”. (<100 words)
- Discuss what makes you suitable for the post(s) you’re applying for. Also mention your contribution/ involvement in various capacities in Antaragni until now. (<200 words)
- List all non-Antaragni in which you have been involved in the past which you think is relevant to your nomination. (<100 words)
- You may ask any fellow student to recommend you. Recommendation letters are not compulsory. Maximum two recommendation letters are allowed.
- The Letter of Recommendation in word format should be attached in a mail by the recommender to email@example.com, with the subject in the format “Antaragni ’21 Recommendation: <Name of person recommended>”.
- Candidates applying for more than one post need NOT repeat any part of the application again.
Guidelines for Interview:
Kindly prepare a presentation of around 10 minutes in length. After the presentation, there will be a round of questions by the panel. The time limit shall be strict – please be on time and note that the panel will not consider any part of the presentation you have not completed in the time allotted to you. If you’ve applied for 2 posts however, Interview for both shall be held together and you’ll have 15 mins for the presentation. Make sure that you separately detail the vision and other information expected for both positions.
The responsibilities of the respective core team members, as given in the Festival Manual (Appendix E) of Students’ Gymkhana are given below:
The Head, Events
The Head, Events shall be responsible for the conduction of all events, competitions and activities during the festival. They shall:
1. Propose the names of Organisers for various events and other Events team members to the Senate for ratification.
2. Be responsible for the work of the Events team.
3. Be directly responsible for the conduction of all events in the festival.
4. Decide the prizes, in consultation with the Organisers for various events and competitions.
5. Be responsible for the hospitality of all external participants in the festival.
6. Coordinate with the Head, Show Management and Head, Public Relations to ensure smooth conduction of events.
7. Present a pre-conduction report about the events that are going to be organized during the festival.
8. Present a post-conduction report about the events that were organized during the festival along with their recommendations.
1. Propose the names of the Marketing team to the Senate for ratification.
2. Be responsible for the work of the Marketing team.
3. Be responsible for the hospitality of sponsors and their representatives
4. Be responsible for the Memoranda of Understanding signed between the festival and any external body.
5. Present a detailed Marketing report to the CoFA at least five days before the festival
The Head, Security shall be responsible for the security arrangements for the entire festival. They shall:
1. Propose the names of the Security team to the Senate for ratification.
2. Be responsible for the work of the Security team.
3. Prepare a security plan in consultation with the President, Chairperson and the Security Office of the Institute taking into account logistical details and planning for emergency scenarios, and the corresponding plan of actions.
4. Present a preliminary Security report to the CoFA at least five days before the festival.
5. Present a post-festival Security report about the security arrangements finally used in the festival along with their recommendations.
Head, Show Management
The Head, Show Management shall be responsible for the management of shows during the festival. They shall:
1. Propose the names of the Show Management team to the Senate for ratification.
2. Be responsible for the work of the Show Management team.
3. Be directly responsible for the various aspects of managing shows.
4. Ensure the availability of all materials required by the other members of the team.
5. Coordinate with the Head, Events to ensure a smooth conduction of events.