Nominations are invited for the following posts in the Core Team of Outreach Cell, IIT Kanpur (2018-19):
- Overall Coordinator(s)
- Head, Creatives (Web)
- Head, Creatives (Design and Video)
- Head, Creatives (Content)
- Head, Relations
The deadline for submitting the completed application form is 11:59 PM on 19th March, 2018.
The student shall satisfy the requirements of the General Eligibility Criteria as mentioned in the Appendix-F of the Constitution of the Students' Gymkhana which can be found here – http://bit.ly/SS_AppendixF
In particular, the student shall satisfy the following CPI requirements:
- 6.5 for UG students
- 7.5 for PG students who have not completed their course-work
- 7.0 for PG students who have completed their course-work
- Fill the application form at the following link: Nomination Form
- Send an email to "firstname.lastname@example.org" (CC: "email@example.com") mentioning the post you are applying for and stating why you feel you should be selected for the post, along with a screen-shot of the latest transcript. The subject of the mail should be in the format: "Outreach 2018-19: *Name of the Candidate*".
- The copy of transcript must be named in the format: "Outreach 2018-19: Transcript: *Name of the candidate*".
- Candidates may apply for more than one post, though they need to repeat the whole process again for each post.
- All the above steps must be completed before the deadline.
Guidelines for Interview:
Kindly prepare a presentation of around 10 minutes in length. After the presentation, there will be a round of questions by the panel. The time limit shall be strict – please be on time and note that the panel will not consider any part of the presentation you have not completed in the 10 minutes that have been allotted to you.
Further note the following general guidelines:
1. The presentation should bring out your major vision for the Cell (or the wing), including any major structural or procedural changes you wish to make.
2. The presentation should broadly cover every domain of the Cell (or every sub-domain of the wing).
3. The presentation should highlight the way you want to carry forward the Cell (or the wing) and the initiatives you plan to take, along with a timeline.
4. A good presentation is not the same as a fancy presentation. It is more important to spend time in conveying your ideas clearly than it is to beautify your presentation.
5. The presentation is an opportunity to showcase your soft skills and ideas to the interview panel. Please dress and present yourself appropriately.
6. If you've applied for 2 posts, interview for both shall be held together and you'll have 15 mins for the presentation. Make sure that you separately detail the vision and other information expected for both positions.
7. Please carry your own laptop or presentation device to the interview.
8. You will not be allowed to see the interview of other applicants even if it is for some other post. Please wait outside the room until you are called in.
About Outreach Cell:
A detailed proposal regarding the functioning of the Cell was presented to the Senate, which was provisionally accepted. The same can be found here: Outreach Cell
The field of work and responsibilities of the respective Core Team Members can be detailed as:
The Overall Coordinator shall be responsible to:
- Promote IIT Kanpur across the globe
- Lead the Outreach Cell in an infinite capacity
- Plan out all activities of the Cell in consultation with the Core Team and other stakeholders
- Take initiatives and get them executed through the team
- Maintain coordination among all wings of the Cell
- Represent Outreach Cell IITK at all forums: the campus junta, faculty/administration and external associates
- Present the Cell’s report to the Senate, as and when required by it and once towards the end of the tenure
- Be responsible and accountable for all affairs of the Cell
Head, Creatives (Web):
The world today has moved online and to reach and convey information about the institute to the outside world, we need a strong online presence with a sublime website. Get the opportunity to develop a website that could potentially be the most visited institute domain.
- The job would require the individual to have a strong sense of UI/UX and a decent experience in building webpages.
- The job would also require a good sense of modular programming.
- Regularly maintain and update the website as per requirements
- Work in tandem with other creative heads to fulfil their requirements
Head, Creatives (Design & Video):
Creating content in the form of engaging media is essential.
- The job would entail acquiring and processing of content in the form of photos, posters and videos.
- The job in this profile would require the individual to be proficient in both or one of design or video editing and a strong desire to learn and acquire new skills.
- Work in tandem with their creative heads and fulfil their requirements
Head, Creatives (Content):
Content is the chief form of engaging people in the activities of the institute.
- Skills to create and acquire written content.
- Intensive, fast paced and regular generation and acquisition of content
- Work in tandem with other creative heads for the effective dissemination of content
Get the chance to connect with the distinguished alumni of the institute in an attempt to make them feel connected to their alma mater. Get involved in guiding the future students to make an informed choice and present the institute in a lucrative fashion.
- Maintaining relations with prospective students and alumni will be the chief job of this division.
- The job will also require the individual to coordinate with various institute bodies mentioned above.