Nominations are invited for the following posts in the Core Team of Entrepreneurship Cell, IIT Kanpur (2019-20):
- Overall Coordinator
- Manager Start-up Development
- Manager Corporate Relations
- Manager Events
- Manager SIP (Start-up Internship Program)
- Manager Media & Publicity
- Manager Finance & Logistics
- Manager Marketing
- Manager Design
- Manager Web Development
- Manager Business Development
The deadline for completing the whole application process is 11:59 PM on 20th March 2019.
The student should satisfy all the requirements of the General Eligibility Criteria as mentioned in the Appendix-F of the Constitution of the Students' Gymkhana, accessible here – http://bit.ly/SS_AppendixF In particular, the student shall satisfy the following CPI requirements:
- 6.0 for UG students
- 7.5 for PG students who have not completed their course-work
- 7.0 for PG students who have completed their course-work
- Fill the application form at the following link: Nomination Form
- Send an email to "email@example.com" (CC: firstname.lastname@example.org) mentioning the post you are applying for and stating why you feel you should be selected for the post, along with a screen-shot of the latest transcript. The subject of the mail should be in the format: "E-Cell 2019-20: *Name of the Candidate*".
- The copy of the transcript must be named in the format: "Transcript: E-Cell 2019-20: *Name of the candidate*".
- Candidates may apply for more than one post, though they need to repeat the whole process again for each post.
- All the above processes must be completed before the deadline.
Guidelines for Interview:
Kindly prepare a presentation of around 10 minutes in length. After the presentation, there will be a round of questions by the panel. The time limit shall be strict – please be on time and note that the panel will not consider any part of the presentation you have not completed in the 10 minutes that have been allotted to you. If you've applied for 2 posts, however, Interview for both shall be held together and you'll have 15 mins for the presentation. Make sure that you separately detail the vision and other information expected for both positions. Further note the following general guidelines:
1. The presentation should bring out your vision for the Cell (or the wing), including any major structural or procedural changes you wish to make.
2. The presentation should broadly cover every domain of the Cell (or every sub-domain of the wing), along with a detailed budget.
3. The presentation should highlight the initiatives you plan to take in the festival (or the wing), along with a timeline.
4. A good presentation is not the same as a fancy presentation. It is more important to spend time in conveying your ideas clearly than it is to beautify your presentation.
5. The presentation is an opportunity to showcase your soft skills and ideas to the interview panel. Please dress and present yourself appropriately.
6. You will not be allowed to see the interview of other applicants even if it is for some other post. Please wait outside the room until you are called in.
About Entrepreneurship Cell:
Entrepreneurship-Cell, IIT Kanpur is a student body motivated towards inculcating and promoting the spirit of entrepreneurship among campus students. This objective is effectively met through ground-level processes of networking student enterprises from campus to incubators, alumni, mentors, seeding funds and angel investors in order to support the newly born enterprises in their endeavours. E-Cell also organizes a plethora of events like E-Summit, StartUp MasterClass TEDx, PRIME'83, Startup-101, ESSENCE, Start-up Internship Program, among others. Organising events of this number and scale requires a dedicated core team working towards it. Website: www.ecelliitk.com
The field of work and responsibilities of the respective Core Team Members can be detailed as:
The Overall Coordinator shall be responsible to:
a. Promote entrepreneurship on campus
b. Lead the Entrepreneurship Cell in an infinite capacity
c. Plan out all activities of the Cell in consultation with the Core Team and other stakeholders
d. Take initiatives and get them executed through the team
e. Maintain coordination among all wings of the Cell
f. Represent E-Cell IITK at all forums: the campus junta, faculty/administration and external associates
g. Present the Cell’s report to the Senate, as and when required by it and once towards the end of the tenure
h. Be responsible and accountable for all affairs of the Cell
Manager, Start-up Development
a. Directly interact with the student entrepreneurs and engage with Campus Start-ups, keeping a track of their progress
b. Help out people with ideas to set up their start-up on campus
c. Organize campus activities targeting entrepreneurs and provide them with a platform to interact
d. Organize ESSENCE, PRIME’83, Start-up101 and Entrepreneurial Bites, among other entrepreneurship intensive events
e. Appoint the Campus Team of the Cell
a. Conduct the major events under the Cell, namely eSummit & TEDx
b. Plan and structure the events, competitions and talks at E-Summit and TEDx
c. Execute the plans with help from the Core Team
d. Work on their budget with the help of Head, Finance and Logistics
e. Appoint the Events Team of the Cell
Manager, Corporate Relations
a. Act as the primary connection between industry professionals (VCs, angel investors, mentors), alumni, student bodies and student entrepreneurs
b. Manage the Mentorship Board of E-Cell, IIT Kanpur
c. Manage the Campus Ambassadors Program
d. Work with Head, Marketing to bring in corporate partnerships for the Cell
e. Appoint the Corporate Relations Team of the Cell
Manager, SIP (Startup Internship Program)
a. Connect with startups to route internships for IITK students through SIP
b. Coordinate with all the stakeholders including SPO, the companies and the students apart from the team members
c. Conduct the program smoothly, right from registration of startups to opening them for students followed by the recruitment process
d. Ensure diversity in the program by enabling startups from different areas to register in the program
e. Appoint the SIP Team of the Cell
Manager, Media & Publicity
a. Create and manage all of the content on E-Cell’s social media handles and websites
b. Manage publicity campaigns of various activities under the ambit of E-Cell, ensuring timely release of social media posts and coming up with innovative publicity ideas
c. Ensure proper coverage of the events conducted by the Cell in written, still photography & videography modes, and through interviews of visiting personalities
d. Publish the E-Cell newsletter(s) and maintain the E-Cell blog “An Ounce of Madness”
e. Appoint the Media & Publicity Team of the Cell
Manager, Finance & Logistics
a. Prepare the budget for all activities of the Cell, including the major events
b. Ensure proper & timely clearance of bills and be responsible for financial transactions occurring on behalf of the Cell
c. Be responsible for booking of venues for all activities of the Cell and obtain proper permissions/security clearances for the same
d. Connect with different service providers & vendors and negotiate prices with them
e. Appoint the Finance and Logistics Team of the Cell
a. Arrange funds and resources for the Cell by bringing in various associations, thus helping the cell in conducting its activities without any financial shortfall
b. Collaborate with prospective media partners and ensure coverage releases of the events conducted by the Cell through print, electronic & social media channels
c. Maintain MoUs with our associates and ensure timely fulfilment of deliverables from both ends, with help from the Core Team
d. Prepare marketing brochures for the different events of the Cell and then compile marketing reports post-event
e. Appoint the Marketing Team of the Cell
a. Work in tandem with Head, Media & Publicity to design creatives for the various events and activities of the Cell, including posters, newsletters, brochures, social media posts etc.
b. Ensure timely completion of designs well before the event
c. Assist Head, Media & Publicity in designing publicity campaigns for the Cell
d. Be responsible for stage design during events like TEDx
e. Appoint the Design Team of the Cell
Manager, Web Development
a. Maintain, revamp and keep the E-Cell website updated
b. Design websites for different events of the Cell throughout the year, especially for eSummit and TEDx
c. Develop portals and platforms for different programs of the Cell as per specifications required, especially for ESSENCE and SIP
d. Work in collaboration with Head, Design for all this
e. Appoint the Web Development Team of the Cell
Manager, Business Development
a. Come up with initiatives that foster skills essential for the corporate environment
b. Provide resources to campus startups that help in skill development for preparation of market research, pitch decks and development of business plans
c. Work with Head Events to conduct business events in eSummit and Takneek
d. Appoint the Busines Development team of the cell