Enable and Inspire.
We hold regular classes for around 120 kids of class 1 to 12, where they learn to sculpt their future dreams.
Kids are made available with a computer lab, a drawing room and other facilities to practice what they have learnt.
The IITK student volunteers teach science, art and Mathematics to the kids
PRAYAS is an endeavour of IITK students, mainly focussed on providing education to the marginalized kids in and around IITK campus, atleast upto the level where they too can dream big.Presently a club under the Presidential Council in the Students' Gymkhana, IIT Kanpur.Its a voluntary service to promote the notion of 'Education for All' as a sustainable means of development.
1. To make quality education accessible to those who are deprived of it.
2. To inculcate values and provide moral education to the students.
3. To promote personal development of the students through various co-curricular activities like Music, Sports, Painting, Debates, Dance, Poetry, etc.
4. To create awareness about Health and Social issues and also about the 'Need of Education' among the students.
5. To develop a methodology of teaching that would attract the kids towards Education and prevent Drop-outs.
In short, the Aim of PRAYAS is 'to Inspire and Enable'.